Sunday, September 25, 2011

Gear Junkie Revisited (Timberland's present to me)

A while back I wrote a post about a contest I won on Facebook where I wrote a joke about how Chuck Norris would use some amazing camp shoes made by Timberland. Gear Junkie held the contest, but I never received the prize.

Shortly after writing that post I received an e-mail from Gear Junkie, apologizing for the delay and promising that the camp shoes were on their way to me.

Two weeks ago I came home from school to discover a large box with my name on it. I opened the box and found present after present, all from Timberland!!!! Not only did they send me the camp shoes that I won on-line, but I also received a low-cut hiking/biking boot, a mid-cut gore-tex boot, a high-cut leather working boot, and a very light-weight day pack!!!! My wife was very entertained as each time I pulled an item out I said "NOOOO WAYYYY!!!", and was in complete awe that I was the lucky guy to receive such high quality products. It felt like Christmas in September!

Here are the sweet items I received. Can't wait to try them out to write reviews on Timberland's website!!!!

High-cut leather working boot

AMAZING gore-tex boot

View of the camp shoe when unzipped
View of the camp shoe when zipped up


Low-Cut hiking/biking boot

Very light-weight day pack

The purpose of this post is not to brag about all the cool stuff I received for free, but to show what great products Timberland has to offer, and to encourage others to participate in legitimate on-line contests. 

Needless to say, being in grad school does not give me much room to indulge myself with purchasing new equipment, so I am VERY fortunate to have these items added to my arsenal:)

2 comments:

  1. i never win anything-you are an inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is some pretty cool stuff. you mentioned you might be selling some of it. I would only sell the low cut boots, the rest is pretty cool looking stuff that you can use later. Won't have to go out and buy boots in 5 years. I added it all up and that is well over $600 in gear...good job funny man

    ReplyDelete