Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Website Review: Gear Junkie

I've been following Gear Junkie's blog for several months now, and recently "Like'd" them on Facebook. Soon after adding them on Facebook I saw that they were having a contest to win these awesome camp shoes pictured below. What are camp shoes? When backpacking for miles and miles, it feels good to get out of your hiking boots to let your feet dry out, air out, and just take a break while walking around your campsite. Camp shoes don't need to be constructed like regular shoes because they are only worn for short distances around your campsite, so it would make sense for them to weigh close to nothing right? It may seem that way, but with the exception of wearing (in my opinion) some hideous Crocs or flip-flops, lightweight camp shoes are hard to come by. I digress...this post is about Gear Junkie....
How did I win these awesome camp shoes that actually zip up, making the shoe small AND compact? Below is my answer to how Chuck Norris would use this shoe.

Needless to say, I was pretty excited that my Chuck Norris knowledge finally paid off after all of these years:)

Go to Gear Junkie and check out the website. These guys have a very impressive list of gear reviews for biking, running, camping, climbing/mountaineering, food/hydration, women's gear, footwear, clothing, skiing/winter, biking, technology, ultra-sports, backpacks, boat/water, and misc. Seems like a lot of those categories overlap a little, but it makes more sense as you browse through each category.

"Like" them on facebook here and check out their blog here. I am a supporter of any site which makes finding quality outdoors gear easier, and can tell that these guys know what they are talking about. 

In closing, I have a few questions. Have I ever won ANYTHING in my life? No. Was I excited to win this contest? Yes. Have I received the shoes yet? Nope... I sent them an e-mail a couple of weeks ago, asking if I would have the shoes in time for my trip to Yellowstone which is now only a week away, but haven't heard back yet...

In a couple of weeks I should have a trip review of me backpacking in Yellowstone. Can't wait!!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment