Sunday, June 20, 2010

To sleep under the Stars? or in a Tent?

Why do we sleep in tents when the weather is nice? What kind of false security do tents, a thin piece of fabric, give us when in the outdoors? Maybe it's the security that a raccoon can't gnaw at our face, and that maybe a bear will have to work REALLY hard to get us?????? Hmmm....


Personally, I prefer to sleep under the stars, that is, unless there is a good chance of rain during the middle of the night. No one, and I mean NO ONE, likes to wake up in the middle of the night to a serious downpour. Waking up to a wet sleeping bag and equipment and realizing that you now have to put up your tent in the middle of a rain storm is not the most pleasant experience at two o'clock a.m. After watching this video you will be able to see that sleeping outdoors is a must...   



Timescapes Timelapse: Mountain Light from Tom Lowe @ Timescapes on Vimeo.


There is something so refreshing about sleeping out in the middle of nowhere, far away from the city lights, and where thousands of stars are visible; all while feeling the night-time breeze on your face. This is about the time that I stop...my wife would say that I'm starting to get "cheesy" and I doubt that the couple of you who are going to read this actually brought crackers to eat up all that I could dish out - for another time maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment