Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Inspired by Iceland



















"Inspired By Iceland" is a website dedicated to inspiring people to plan a trip to Iceland. There are live feeds to main attractions on the island, photos of wildlife, reports from others trips, accommodations, transportation, tours, and culture/shopping. In essence, it has EVERYTHING you could ever want and need to know about the country, and since the country's economy continues to struggle, the least we can do is go see this beautiful place:)

I LOVE Iceland. I may have never actually been there, but I love it nonetheless. My family's name actually comes from Leif Ericson, the famous Viking who landed in North America 500 years before Columbus. I have relatives who go to Iceland every couple of years, and one day I hope to go myself.



Although I have always wanted to go to Iceland, after seeing Sigur Ros' DVD Heima I was sold. I can't imagine how beautiful that place is in real life, just seeing it on a television screen is overwhelming enough...

3 comments:

  1. Zach! Lets go! Just pack that cute prego wife of yours and ill pack Tyson and we'll make it a double date! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You all HAVE to check out the live video feeds. I wish I could purchase a ticket right now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy homesick... Great post bro! I don't mean to toot my own horn or anything, but I've been to every one of the places that those cameras show, and I need to just say that there is so much more beauty to the country than you will find on any website, but it is freaking awesome to get a live feed like that.

    ReplyDelete