Friday, December 3, 2010

Welcoming in the Winter Months

I came across this amazing photo on the Yosemite Blog, and just had to share it. I have seen many impressive pictures (not to mention the double rainbows) from Yosemite, but this photo just proves how vast and amazing this national park truly is.

First Winter Snow in Cooks Meadow - by Robin Black
I love the change of seasons. There is something majestic about watching the blossoms bloom and fall, then watching the trees become full of life only to morph into amazing tints of red and orange, and then to finally fall along with the snow. Although winter is kind of a dormant-death for several months, pictures like the one above help me appreciate the change of perspective. Although I am no longer able to hike the same trails as I did a few months ago, it gives me an opportunity to start snowshoeing (hopefully this season finally), and to take on different activities that the other seasons don't offer.

The same day I came across this photo on Google Reader, I saw this one and had to post it as well:

Found this amazing picture taken of the Montana Prarie for the National Geographic Photography contest. While I'm making a habit of posting pictures, I might as well include this one as well that I saw on Backcountry's website:

Surfing Orca:)

No comments:

Post a Comment