Sunday, December 26, 2010

A Timeout for Kayaking

Hope everyone (both of you who read this) had a great Christmas. I know that I'm excited to try out my dehydrator, and am planning on making my own meals for the trail this Summer. Since I'm enjoying my holiday break, I thought that I would also take a break from the hiking/backpacking topic, and share this amazing video I came across a few weeks ago.

It's amazing what kayakers are able to do. Jumping off a waterfall is suicidal enough, but with a little boat attached to your waist is beyond me. I mean what happens when they hit the water? If I were to just jump in, I would hit the water and sink several feet before swimming back to the top, but if I had a kayak attached to me than it seems like I would hit the water with an abrupt stop (something similar to what happens with this guy when he hits a rock). Apparently this guy is one of a kind - as you will see for yourself.



Found on Backcountry.com

No comments:

Post a Comment